News and events
Announcing our 2020 Sponsors!
Don’t miss entering your project this year!
‘NZ Wood Resene Timber Design Awards’ Announce our 2020 SPONSORS’!
NZ Wood and WPMA would like to thank our sponsors for their support!
NEW CATEGORIES FOR 2020 AWARDS!
Watch out for next week’s announcement of “CALL FOR ENTRIES” with “New Categories for 2020”
DETAILS FOR ENTRY
This is New Zealand’s only Timber Design award event and allows engineers, architects, architectural designers and builders to showcase innovation using timber.
Professionals worldwide are using wood in often new and imaginative ways to improve a building’s seismic and fire resilience, and New Zealand projects are designing buildings to compete with world leaders.
Both local and international companies will be looking to NZ for timber design inspiration in 2020.
NZ Wood Resene 2020 Timber Design Awards KEY DATES:
- Stage One Entries open: 13 August 2019
- Final Judging: 10 December 2019
- Gala Awards Dinner: 26th March 2020 at the Grand Millennium Hotel – Auckland
Entry is open to NZ resident architects, builders, architectural designers, engineers, students and other designers who have used NZ originated timber that has been manufactured in NZ. Only one entry per project, joint entries between disciplines or firms are welcome.
Conditions of entry:
- A submitted project must be based on a completed building or structure.
- Building or project must have been completed between 1 Jan 2018 and 30 June 2019
- Building or project must have significant timber content, either structural or decorative.
- Projects may include the effective use of timber in combination with other materials.
- Building or project owner’s consent for publicity must be acknowledged on the entry form.
- Anonymity of the owner’s name will be assured if requested in the appropriate part of the entry form.
- The entry form must be complete and accurate – you should retain a completed copy for your records. You will receive an email confirming your entry once it has been processed.
- Projects entered in previous years must not be entered again.
- An entry fee of $145.00 per category entry is payable using the online PayPal method.
- A submission may be entered in a maximum of two of the nine categories.
Entry Form will be available at beginning of August so check the NZ Wood website for details
Gala Dinner to Announce Winners
Winners are announced at the “Gala Awards Dinner” at the Grand Millennium Hotel Auckland – 26th March 2020. This Gala event is a celebration with New Zealand’s most talented designers, engineers and industry leaders. It’s a night of celebration of excellence in timber design.
In past years’ we have had leading architectural and property developers key people show how they have lead the way.
We look forward to seeing your entries soon, so don’t miss the opportunity to showcase your project in these highly recognised awards!
View Full List of 2018 Finalists