News and events
NZ Wood Resene Timber Design Awards 2018
This is New Zealand’s only Timber Design award event and allows engineers, architects, architectural designers and builders to showcase innovation using timber.
Both local and international companies will be looking to NZ for timber design inspiration in 2018.
Showcase your examples of timber design excellence in these prestigious awards!
Time line for awards:
- Stage One Entries open: 1 March 2018
Stage One Entries close: 30 April 2018
Stage One Judging announced: 21 May 2018
Stage Two Entries – 8 June 2018
Close Stage Two Entries – 20 July 2018
Stage Two Judging – 7 August 2018
- ENTRY: Entry is open to NZ resident architects, builders, architectural designers, engineers, students and other designers who have used NZ originated timber that has been manufactured in NZ. Only one entry per project, joint entries between disciplines or firms are welcome.
• A submitted project must be based on a completed building or structure.
• Building or project must have been completed between 1 March 2016 and 28 February 2018.
• Building or project must have significant timber content, either structural or decorative.
• Projects may include the effective use of timber in combination with other materials.
• Building or project owner’s consent for publicity must be acknowledged on the entry form.
• Anonymity of the owner’s name will be assured if requested in the appropriate part of the entry form.
• The entry form must be complete and accurate – you should retain a completed copy for your records. You will receive an email confirming your entry once it has been processed.
• Projects entered in previous years must not be entered again.
• An entry fee of $115.00 per category entry is payable using the online PayPal method.
• A submission may be entered in a maximum of two of the nine categories.
- PRIZES: There will be a cash prize of $2000 awarded for the winner of each category.
The Innovation of Student Design Award will receive $1000 each and all expenses paid to attend the Gala Awards.
- An impressive line-up of industry experts have been selected to join the NZ Wood Resene Timber Design Awards ‘Judging Panel’ for 2018!
- Tim Melville
BArch FNZIA Registered Architect
President-Elect, New Zealand Institute of Architect
- David Carradine
Ph. D. Structural Engineer
President-Elect, New Zealand Timber Design Society
- Andrea Stocchero – Sustainable Architect, Scion, New Zealand
Master of Science degree in Architecture from the Università IUAV di Venezia (Italy)
- Pamela Bell – Chief Executive Officer of PreFab NZ,
Pamela brings experience in architecture (MArch),
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Winners announced at the “Gala Awards Dinner” at the Grand Millennium Hotel Auckland – 20th September 2018
Awards contact: email@example.com